Convergys Team Leader in Lynchburg, Virginia
The Team Leader is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a group of call center associates. This position ensures performance metrics are achieved by providing adequate coaching, motivation and accountability.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a group of call center associates including work and attendance monitoring in accordance with organization policy and applicable legal requirements
• Effectively coach direct reports on their performance on a regular basis to ensure performance metrics are achieved at a minimum weekly
• Identify performance related issues, develop an action plan for improvement, implement corrective action, up to and including termination of employment
• Ensure service delivered to our customers meets contractual Key Performance Indicator (‘KPIs’) and financial expectations
• Communicate expectations to employees and provide timely updates
• Provide subject matter expertise in handling escalated customer calls as needed
• Conduct Team Meetings to ensure expedient communication of relevant information and as an open forum for input. Schedule and organize team activities
• Stay current on internal work processes, policies and procedures. Attend required manager development training
• Promote the Convergys values through both behavior and attitude, including being an advocate for team members
• Associate's degree in related field with two to four years of relevant experience preferred
• Highly motivated individual with skills to develop and coach team members to achieve performance expectations
• Work well under pressure and follow through on items to completion
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to lead team in multi-tasking, prioritization, and meeting timelines on deliverables
• Ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
Career Level Description
Receives assignments in tasks oriented terms and supervises subordinates to set priorities and complete assignments. Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team members. In charge of handling single and medium-sized line of business. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager. Drives direct reports to achieve set metrics and business goals thru coaching, mentoring and providing regular feedback. Typically does not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised. Handles escalated issues. Supervises non-exempt employees who generally perform either a single task or multiple, but closely related tasks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
USA, Lynchburg, VA
We will be the greatest customer engagement services company in the world, rich in diversity and talent. We will get there by embracing our culture.
We’re a company like no other. We are fanatical about our staff and are constantly helping them grow and achieve their career goals. We are a global workplace that offers YOU infinite possibilities!
Convergys is now part of Concentrix. In a world full of average, we stand out. We believe experience is everything. Period. To achieve outstanding results, we’re disrupting the market by being absolutely obsessed with making our clients’ businesses better. We bring together the brightest and most creative minds in business, cutting-edge technology solutions, proven design thinking expertise and exceptional customer experience centers. Our clients notice the difference too… in increased customer loyalty, improved business performance and differentiation in their markets. As a diverse, global organization, we have unconventionally fresh ideas and deliver extraordinary customer experiences for more than 450 of the world’s best brands. Concentrix. A passionate company powered by passionate people.
Concentrix CVG Corporation is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.