Convergys Senior Manager - International Tax in Cincinnati, Ohio
Senior Manager - International Tax
Convergys, a Concentrix company has an opportunity for a Senior Manager, TAX. The Senior Manager Tax implements Convergys’ tax strategy to optimize the amount of tax the company pays and ensure it complies with all relevant local and international tax laws and regulations. This position is also responsible for managing all direct tax-related activities in accordance with the tax strategy to ensure Convergys meets its tax obligations and objectives.
This position can work from one of the following locations: our Fremont, California headquarters, the Greenville, South Carolina or the Cincinnati,Ohio regional office.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Responsible for the coordination of the ASC 740 tax provision preparation on a quarterly and annual basis, including Sarbanes-Oxley responsibilities, communication with other CVG departments and external tax outsourcing team, and presentations to senior accounting personnel
• Perform tax research and special projects for all Convergys Companies
• Manage certain tax audits, including developing and coordinating responses on the IRS federal income tax audit or non-US tax audits
• Perform and/or assist with tax due diligence on potential acquisitions. Activities may include: tax planning; research; compliance; reporting and filings; auditing; and communicating with external tax agencies
• Evaluate activities, policies, practices, and transactions to ensure they comply with all relevant laws and regulations
• Ensure all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports are submitted accurately and on time
• Advise senior management on tax matters and on the potential impact of laws and regulations on the operation of the organization
• Select and manage ongoing relationships with external consultants and advisors to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service
• Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of tax professionals to ensure the organization's tax strategy is implemented accurately and consistently and in compliance with all relevant regulations, laws and standards
• Bachelor's Degree in related field from a four-year college or university with 6-10 years of relevant experience (with two to four years of Progressive Management Experience) preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
• Demonstrated ability to foster customer service disposition and sense of professionalism for self and team
• Solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Demonstrated business acumen
Career Framework Role
Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units. Recommends operational objectives and develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives. Develops and administers performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title.
Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer CVGNA#
USA, Cincinnati, OH
We will be the greatest customer engagement services company in the world, rich in diversity and talent. We will get there by embracing our culture.
We’re a company like no other. We are fanatical about our staff and are constantly helping them grow and achieve their career goals. We are a global workplace that offers YOU infinite possibilities!
Convergys is now part of Concentrix. In a world full of average, we stand out. We believe experience is everything. Period. To achieve outstanding results, we’re disrupting the market by being absolutely obsessed with making our clients’ businesses better. We bring together the brightest and most creative minds in business, cutting-edge technology solutions, proven design thinking expertise and exceptional customer experience centers. Our clients notice the difference too… in increased customer loyalty, improved business performance and differentiation in their markets. As a diverse, global organization, we have unconventionally fresh ideas and deliver extraordinary customer experiences for more than 450 of the world’s best brands. Concentrix. A passionate company powered by passionate people.
Concentrix CVG Corporation is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.