Convergys Lead Back End Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio
Lead Back End Engineer
The Lead Back End Engineer is responsible for leading tasks related to the design and implementation of business related systems and applications for analytics; developing new analytic technologies, and analytic solutions. This position is responsible for providing technical depth and business acumen to actively participate in the design of new application software development projects; for leading small projects relating to systems in assigned areas of expertise; and for closely coordinating with internal and external groups to ensure all tasks are delivered in a timely manner.
This role will require leadership in delivering a fast and responsive system of databases to be accessed by the user as fast as possible. The position may require learning new skill or making difficult business decisions around the future of the application stack.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Leads in the analysis of complex business problems by identifying customer needs and key areas of opportunity
• Leads and manages complex and concurrent projects
• Ability to interact and collaborate with cross functional heads
• Assist with the development of technology based analytics solutions
• Assists in facilitating change management efforts
• Introduces new technologies, techniques, and processes
• Leverages understanding of software development and analytics to contribute in finding new solutions
• Ensures meeting client expectations at all times
• Contributes in the issue resolution process
• Bachelor's degree in related field from a four-year college or university with more than seven years of relevant experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external associates
• Expert Level computer science and statistics understanding
• Ability to lead architecture of technology based software, and statistical solutions
• Competency in a database management system, such as MS SQL2012• Fluency in some combination of the following: ASP.net, C#, JSON objects and services, SQL server architecture design (2012 +), indexing, Stored procedures, dynamic query generation, and web API 2.0
• Working knowledge of MS Azure App Insights, Elastic Search, REDIS, Hadoop
• Working knowledge of .NET framework environments
• Familiarity with source code version control, ideally VSTS / TFS
• Familiarity with responsive design strategy and implementation - hands-on experience preferred
• Oral and written communication skills for contact with internal customers and work documentation
• Ability to analyze customer needs and/or systems and make recommendations to workflow, processing, and/or systems’ problems
• Experience in Agile development
• Experience in real-time query development
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret
• Solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Demonstrated business acumen
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with .NET or similar platforms required
• Must have experience with APIs and other general software engineering tools
Career Framework Role
● Is recognized as an expert in own function within the organization● Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods● Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise● Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices● Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions● Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title
Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
No Relocation Available
USA, Cincinnati, OH
We will be the greatest customer engagement services company in the world, rich in diversity and talent. We will get there by embracing our culture.
We’re a company like no other. We are fanatical about our staff and are constantly helping them grow and achieve their career goals. We are a global workplace that offers YOU infinite possibilities!
Convergys is now part of Concentrix. In a world full of average, we stand out. We believe experience is everything. Period. To achieve outstanding results, we’re disrupting the market by being absolutely obsessed with making our clients’ businesses better. We bring together the brightest and most creative minds in business, cutting-edge technology solutions, proven design thinking expertise and exceptional customer experience centers. Our clients notice the difference too… in increased customer loyalty, improved business performance and differentiation in their markets. As a diverse, global organization, we have unconventionally fresh ideas and deliver extraordinary customer experiences for more than 450 of the world’s best brands. Concentrix. A passionate company powered by passionate people.
Concentrix CVG Corporation is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.